Traction solution improvements
3 solutions for improving traction for IVDD Dogs
Traction solution improvements. If you have ever fallen – maybe you lost your balance or slipped on ice – you’ve experienced the fear associated with losing traction and the associated pain or injury. It’s also likely you were really scared it could happen again, especially as you age. Dogs can experience similar feelings about slipping and falling.
Here are three simple solutions you can try immediately for dog with a degree of nerve damage (wobbly legs, dogs using a wheelchair):
1. Change the surface your dog walks on in the home.
2. Apply something to your dog’s paws to assist with traction.
3. Focus on foot care to improve traction.
Two pages with lots of guidance, tips and where to find the products that work:
- Cathy Symons, CVT, CCRP and Chris Cranston, MPT, CCRP. at PetAbility offer specific ideas and products to help the IVDD Community with a dog’s traction issues.
“Traction” by Petability
- For tips and technique to keep your dog’s body healthy:
“Nail Trim For Health”
Other IVDD topics
Home IVDD neck care tipsThe extra things you can do at home to help with neck disc.
Pet strollers after graduationAfter graduation from post-op or conservative STRICT rest, strollers can be used outdoors for pets who tire easily or have …
Hope and Quality of Life for AllIt IS in the cards for your dog to get back to enjoying family activities after a disc episode for …
Incontinence tipsTips and ideas for incontinent dogs: garments, exercise, expressing and fluids, recurrent UTI.
Neuro surgeon IVDD answers (conservative, surgical treatments)Dr. Isaacs, DVM, ACVIM (Neurology) answers a wide range of questions about surgery for the IVDD Community.